Wednesday, September 8, 2010

2010-2010 Fantasy Sportsbook Rules & Regulations


Welcome to the 2010-2011 NFL Fantasy Sports-Book. This is the third year I am running the league; thus far the first two years were a success.   In case anybody is new or not familiar with how the league works, I'll give you a quick run-down. This is considered a fantasy "betting" league not a fantasy player league. There is no draft and you do not own a team. Simply put, you get 10K of play money that you can wager on any regular season NFL game(s). Each week I will post a "blog" on Friday with the lines for that week, everybody will reply in the "comments" section with their “fantasy” wagers. The person with the most "play money" at the end of the season wins.
* The Official League Rules *
1) Lines will be posted every Friday, starting week 10 (and week 1) there are Thursday night games, on those weeks I will post on Thursday.
2) There are only two types of "bets", regular line bets and over/unders. No moneylines, parlays etc.
3) All bets will be posted in the “comments” section in that weeks blog posting, the posting for each week will be a new/separate “blog” i.e. week 1, week 2 etc. You are allowed to bet any amount (obviously not more than you have in your bankroll) on as many games as you like. Also, you do not have to bet every week.
4) Bets have to be posted before game time. The comment section has a time stamp so everybody will be able to tell/make sure that the bet was in before the game began. Don’t depend on texting people and asking them to place your “
5) When posting in the comments section, Include….
a. Your Name (first name or nickname works, as long as everybody knows who’s who – be consistent)
b. Your current balance (It’s important that everybody keeps track of their bankroll)
c. The team (+/-) points or the game (+/-) the point total
Don’t write a paragraph of jibberish and make me have to pick out your bets (Bernard).
6) Each player is allowed to re-up their 10K only ONCE. NO re-ups after week 10 and you can ONLY re-up after you lost your entire bankroll.
7) You are allowed to call in a bet to another player to post for you online if you are unable to access a computer. The person you call in your bet to MUST CLARIFY that the bet is not for them and for whoever is placing the bet.
8) I will place the “current standings” several times throughout the season with everybody’s name and their current bankroll. However, from experience I am not perfect, it is important that you check my math. I can almost guarantee that I will make at least one mistake. Fortunately, since we are using an open website, anybody and everybody can keep track of their own and other people’s bankrolls to ensure that mistakes do not go unnoticed.
9) Winner takes ALL initial buy-in antis.
10) Like last year you will NOT be able to wager more than 2k or past week 3 unless I have your anti. If you are "offically in" by week 3 or you lose more than 2k, you will be frozen until the anti is in. If anti is not in by week 8, you are out!
11) Intentional bet mirroring is illegal! In the event that bet mirroring blatantly occurs (most likely would happen at the end of the season with only a few people are left), All bets will be emailed to the administrator (me) who will then immediately post them after the START of the game.  If I am still in play, I will choose an administrator (who is out of play) to take the bets and place them after the game starts.  This service can be requested if any remaining players feels this is occurring or likely to occur. Like I said, this really only becomes a potential issue when 2 or 3 players are left.
I encourage everyone to look these rules over and make sure they are happy with them. I am willing to change details in the event everybody dislikes a rule or a part of the rule. Once the season starts the rules are lock. If anything comes up that is not in the rules there will be a vote by all of the league members to determine the outcome.

2 comments: